Monday, April 5, 2010

Checking in

So, I thought I'd write about my first weeks of being back to work. Since I only work 3 days a week, I've actually only worked 9 days, so in reality its been less that 2 weeks. I've found it really hard to get back in the "groove" of teaching again and while I've learned the names of all 29 of my students, I feel no real connection to them nor them to me. They see me as the "other" teacher and my job-share partner as their teacher, and so they should, she's been their teacher since the beginning of the year. They will say to me "that's not how Miss N does it" or "Miss N says that we can...." Miss N has done and is doing a great job and I do feel that I'm checking in with her, much like I did when I was a TOC in someone else's classroom. It's hers and I'm just visiting for 3 months, trying to do as good of a job as she's doing. Basically, I'm just trying to get through til the end of the year and then hopefully start fresh in September. Only 36 more days to go......

No comments:

Post a Comment