Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year

Happy 2012!

What a year it has been. I just re-read my post from last year and I remember all those feelings of hopelessness and sadness that filled me after the loss of our pregnancy and wanting 2010 to be over, ready to start anew. Well, a lot has happened this past year and I find myself reflecting on the past and looking ahead to the future and wonder what this year will hold for us. Two big things happened in our family in 2011: first we moved from our first home to a larger home just a short distance away in August and we welcomed our third and final child in November.

I also moved to a new school for me. I worked for 3 days before going on mat leave and will, unless I find something else, return to that school this September. I really hope that I feel better about my job before I get there. Right now, I don't feel good about my ability as a teacher and I keep trying to think of what else I could do for a living....sadly, nothing comes to mind. I see all of these amazing teachers out there and I really hope that one day I can be like them.

I don't like to make resolutions, but there are a few things that I am going to work on this year:

1) I want to be inspired by life (like I used to be with my writing and teaching). The better I am and feel about myself, the better I can be for my family. 

2) Speaking of writing, I want to start again.

3) I want to read more, for pleasure.

4) I want to get back in shape. I want to look and feel like I did when Blair and I got married.

I hope that this year will be full of wonder, love and joy. Happy New Year!







No comments:

Post a Comment