Sunday, January 6, 2013

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Well, a lot has happened since my last post back in November. As I sit here on the eve of the last day of Christmas break, I am reflecting on the past couple of months and looking ahead to the future. Here's whats happened since my last post:

:I made it through the first term of school after being off for a year and even though I am not enjoying my time teaching, I am learning a lot about myself and how to do things differently in the future.

:Nicholas got his first report card and it was stellar. He LOVES school and is excelling more than I ever expected. It is something to hear my little boy reading signs and books to me. Incredible :)

:We had a quiet Christmas with just family and with Blair taking the two weeks for holiday, we were able to spend some really good quality time together.

:I even took a break from FACEBOOK (something I plan to do more often).

:We took nightly walks around the neighbourhood looking at all the Christmas lights.

:We went to the aquarium to see the "Luminescence" and the penguins.

:We went on a "journey" (as Claire calls it) the "Bright Night's at Stanley Park" and had a picnic in the car on the way home.

:I started to read a book, for pleasure

:Blair and I slept in and enjoyed each other's company after the kids went to bed. We drank a lot of wine during these past two weeks and watched some shows we wanted to see.

I really wish it didn't have to end, but as with all good things, this holiday must too end. So, tomorrow, I head back to teaching (something I wish I was looking forward to more), Blair heads back to the office and the kids head back to daycare and school.
Unlike years past where I would list off all the things I wanted to do in the "new year", I haven't done that. Instead, I've decided to enjoy spending time with my family, try to do more for myself, to make me feel better about me and to do the best I can at my job and hopefully find the joy that I once had for it, or find joy elsewhere (aside from my family; children).
I am looking forward to reading more with Nicholas, watching Claire dance in her ballet class and Emily growing, changing and talking.
I am also looking forward to Tofino at Spring Break ;)

'Til next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment