Monday, March 12, 2012

Nicholas



I love the way Nicholas' mind works and how he thinks and processes things. I don't know if its like this for all "almost 5 year olds", I can only speak for Nicholas. I am intrigued and amazed at the things he says and the way he thinks.

He likes to tell us stories about when he was born, very detailed stories about being a newborn. He'll say that he really wanted to come out of my belly so that he could meet everyone. Now, logic tells me that he's just got an active imagination, but another part of me wonders if he does remember something. When he was a newborn, Nicholas used to lay on the bed and look up at the ceiling and smile. We always said that he was smiling at the angels. Nicholas also talks about how he used to talk to Papa King and that Papa would laugh at his jokes. Papa King passed away the year before Nicholas was born....they never met.

In October 2010, I had a miscarriage and Nicholas named the baby, "Frank" and was sure that it was a boy. Nicholas talked a lot about Baby Frank after the miscarriage, how he was sick and went to Heaven and that Papa King was with him, taking care of him. He hasn't talked a lot about Baby Frank, but lately, he's been telling his friends at daycare about the baby brother he had that died and went to live in Heaven with Papa King.

I'd love to know where these thoughts come from, but everyday I am fascinated by the way his mind works. The things that he tells me and the way he talks, I sometimes forget that he's not quite five years old. Nicholas is a bright and confident little boy, who is full of wonder and curiosity and everyday he amazes me a little bit more. Proud Mama moment over.

No comments:

Post a Comment