Monday, October 14, 2013

A Busy Fall and Giving Thanks

My last blog entry focused on leaving summer behind and heading back to work. I can't believe that was almost two months ago. My days are now filled with early mornings, long days with thirty hormonal pre-teens, and afternoons and evenings prepping for the next day. It seems that I am "on the go" from 6:30am til 7:30pm when the kids go to bed. Oh, how I miss summer holidays.

We are in the full swing of fall. My calendar is full of parent meetings, staff meetings, swimming lessons, gymnastics class and soccer practice. There have been a few weeks in which we've had something every night of the week. I am highly "list oriented" and a planner. I write everything down on the calendar, down to our weekly meals. It's the only way I know how to do it without going insane.

 I am lucky to have a great support system around me. Blair is great. He takes off work early on Tuesdays to pick up Nicholas from school and will make dinner a couple of nights a week. My friend, Karleigh picks Nicholas two to three days a week and takes him back to her house until I pick him up. Last, but certainly not least, Doreen provides daycare for Claire and Emily four days a week.

This year, while better than last year's is still a challenging class. It is this year, that I am certain beyond a doubt that I need to leave upper intermediate behind and find a lower grade to teach. I am not "into" putting up with hormonal pre-teens who think they can "talk back" when they don't like something that I am teaching. Now, to find the class. This, I hope will happen next year, when Claire begins Kindergarten at our neighbourhood school. Not only will it be good for my bank account, but more importantly, it will be good for my well-being. Fingers crossed.

Now, for the giving thanks. I am grateful for many things: health and happiness, a loving family and great group of friends and a great love, who calms me when I get crazy amongst the chaos and encourages me when I doubt myself and what I can do. To my family and friends, thank you for helping me navigate the crazy "life in the toddler lane".

No comments:

Post a Comment